Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) is a pre-requisite for professional practice, along with a legal requirement to keep all personal details up to date at all times.
Practitioners can do their HPCSA registration online by following the steps below. The platform enables practitioners to access their statements, invoices, new Electronic QR code practising card, applications for voluntary erasure, exemptions and the update of contact details.
How to register for HPCSA portal
- Visit www.hpcsa.co.za clicking on the ‘Online registration’ tab in the navigation bar.
- Create an HPCSA account by entering your 13-digit ID number or passport number
- Using your ID Number as the Username and Password created above, Login and Renew. This also allows you to edit you’re your personal details – see Notes on Practicing Card below.
- You can now make your annual payment through Credit or Debit Card or Integrated EFT or Bank Deposit
- Access the HPCSA Practicing Card – electronically or print out.
How to use the HPCSA portal
1. Open the HPCSA website at www.hpcsa.co.za – click on Online Renewals
2. Click on Log in or Sign up button
3. Practitioners who are already registered on the HPCSA platform can login in using their existing details. Practitioners not yet registered on the platform can click the Forgot your username or password button.
4. Type in your e-mail address – click E-mail My Username
5. An email or SMS to reset your password will be sent to you with the subject ‘Support Account Password Assistance’ – click on Reset my password
6. Create your password and retype it in the next field to verify password – remember to adhere to the password requirements stated on the screen. Click Submit button.
7. Once logged on, click on your name and select Account Overview
8. Select Account Statement
9. To check account status click on My invoices which will call up a new screen listing amount due
10. To pay click on Pay Now
11. Populate payment details and click Next to complete the payment
12. To view your HPCSA Practicing Card, click Account Overview then My registrations then Card
13. Practitioners whose registration status is displayed as ACTIVE can proceed to download their practice cards by choosing the Click here to proceed option.
14. Check your practitioner details as displayed onscreen. If the details are correct, choose the Card option at the bottom of the screen to access your practitioner card.
15. To download the digital version of your practitioner card as displayed below, click on the Print Card option and choose the PDF option to save your document.
Practitioners receiving an ‘insufficient CEU’s or CPD points’ in the ‘annual fee reminder’ page are advised to proceed to the next screen by clicking the’OK’ button. This workaround will take the practitioner to the ‘renew’ page.
Practitioners can contact the HPCSA Client Care Centre for assistance with any aspect on their online registration at (+27) 12 338 9300/01 or visit the HPCSA self-service portal.
Last Updated on 23 Jun 2022 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs