Any health professional may apply for voluntary erasure from the register in writing before 31 March of the applicable year. Applications made thereafter (i.e. 1 April onwards) mean that the practitioner remains liable for the new annual fee, and that the voluntary erasure be requested with effect from the following year.
To apply for erasure the practitioner needs to complete a Sworn affidavit in terms of Section 19 (1)(C) of the Health Professions Act, 1974 (ACT NO. 56 0F 1974 AS AMENDED). Click here for a copy of the Affidavit. See the steps below on how to submit the request for voluntary erasure through the HPCSA portal.
Practitioner can click here for instructions on requesting restoration to the register.
Accessing the HPCSA online self-service portal
2. Click on Online Services.
3. Please note that all registered practitioners have been assigned accounts – please do not create a new account.
4. Click on the Login or Sign-up button to access the portal.
3. Existing portal users can Log In using the practitioner ID or passport number as Username along with their saved Password. We explain how to access the services offered by the HPCSA portal from step 9 onwards.
4. First time portal users (i.e. not logged in on this system before but registered with the HPCSA), need to click on the Forgot username or password link.
5. First time portal users are to enter their ID or passport number in the Username field and click on the button Reset My Password. An email will be sent to the registered email address and an SMS will be sent to the registered cell number.
6. An email or SMS will be sent containing a link to reset your password.
7. Upon receiving the email or SMS, click on the link and enter your chosen password to verify your account. An example of a strong password that can be used is @Password1. The Password must have one special character, a capital letter, number, and normal alphabets.
8. If you do not receive any communication, click on the Recover Account button.
9. Registered practitioners will be able to log in to their Account page. Check if your practitioner details are correct and Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
10. For access to the service request of your choice, choose Online Services in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
11. Select Voluntary Erasure and follow the prompts.
Last Updated on 10 February 2023 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs