- The process of randomly selecting practitioners from the HPCSA’s database to verify compliance has been discontinued. All registered practitioners are expected to comply with the new CPD requirements on a continuous basis.
- The HPCSA self-service platform is available to registered health practitioners to submit enquiries and upload evidence of CPD compliance. Practitioners can also view their CPD status online. Click here for a step-by-step procedure on how to access the portal.
- HPCSA approved facilitators and providers of CPD programmes will henceforth submit practitioner attendance registers directly to the HPCSA where it will be updated to the practitioner’s CPD profile. Rollout of this service has already commenced for some professional boards, with the remaining CPD providers and facilitators commence their submission from 1 March 2022.
- Practitioners are no longer required to obtain Continuous Education Unit (CEUs) certificates, as the information will be provided directly to the HPCSA by the approved facilitators and providers of the CPD activities.
- Activities not accredited by local providers, but recognised for CPD purposes, such as certificates from international providers can be submitted through the HPCSA online portal.
- Practitioners will receive notification of any CPD profile updates and can contact the HPCSA should updates not be received within a week of attending the CPD accredited activity or if the CPD status is not updated according to activities attended.
HPCSA Approved CPD Accreditors
- Dental Assisting, Dental Therapy & Oral Hygiene – CPD approved accreditors
- Dietetics and Nutrition – CPD approved accreditors
- Emergency Care – CPD approved accreditors
- Environmental Health – CPD approved accreditors
- Medical, Dental and Medical Science – CPD approved accreditors
- Medical Technology – CPD approved accreditors
- Occupational Therapy & Medical Orthotics, Prosthetics and Arts Therapy – CPD approved accreditors
- Optometry & Dispensing Opticians – CPD approved accreditors
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Biokinetics – CPD approved accreditors
- Psychology – CPD approved accreditors
- Radiography & Clinical Technology – CPD approved accreditors
- Speech, Language and Hearing – CPD approved accreditors
Last Updated on 7 June 2022 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs