The HPCSA is bringing registration to specific healthcare practitioners through a series of off-site registration events during the period November – December 2018. The aim of this initiative is to ensure that practitioners are registered on time to commence with internships, community service or even independent practice. Practitioners will have the opportunity to submit applications to the registration team in their region. The team will process all compliant applications received and issue a registration pack upon receipt of the prescribed registration fee. The cashier only accepts debit/credit cards for payment. payment made at the bank should reflect in the HPCSA account before the application can be processed. eft takes up to 3 days whilst direct bank deposit takes up to 24hrs to reflect. The list of off-site registration venues appear below. Practitioners are encouraged to avoid going to the HPCSA head office in Pretoria, as the registration teams will be attending to registration at the offsite offices.
Please note the following:
- Contact information: Ensure that you provide your current mobile number on the application.
- Prepayment: Applicants can make payments up to 3 days before the registration date at offsite venue. Once compliant application has been received by the offsite team applicant will get the first sms which will provide a reference number, second sms will provide invoice number and last sms will provide registration number and the applicant can come through to collect their registration pack.
- On-site payment: Applicants can also pay at our cashier on site. Once compliant application has been received by the offsite team applicant will get the first sms which will provide a reference number, second sms will provide invoice number the student can come through to pay and wait for their registration pack.
- This registration is limited to:
- First time registration into different registers;
- Registration of professional category changes;
- Voluntary removals;
- Registration of additional qualification/ categories
- Registration exclusions: Services of specialist and foreign qualified registrations with be limited to certain offsite offices, please visit our website for more information.
- Payments for next year: Practitioners will not be able to pay their annual fees for 2018/19 at the registration drive as the annual fees have not yet been promulgated.
Benefits of registration:
- Registration ensures that a practitioner receives professional status, inclusive of right to practice the profession that they are qualified for;
- Be assured of self-regulation.
- Be recognised as a competent practitioner who may command a reward for services rendered;
- Receive guidance on best practices in healthcare delivery;
- Contribute to high quality standards that promote the health of all South Africans;
- Know that unethical/unprofessional practitioners will be brought to justice.
|Wednesday, 21 November 2018||University of the Witwatersrand (Medical School), Venue: 5A08, on the 5th Floor||10:00-17:00||Gauteng|
|Monday, 3 December 2018||University of Pretoria||09:00-15:30||Gauteng|
|Monday, 3 December 2018||University of the Witwatersrand (Medical School), Venue: 5A08 – 5th Floor||10:00-17:00||Gauteng|
|Tuesday to Thursday, 4-6 December 2018||University of the Witwatersrand (Medical School), Venue: 5A08, on the 5th Floor||9:00-17:00||Gauteng|
|Monday to Thursday, 10 – 13 December 2018||Sefako Makgatho University||9:00-17:00||Gauteng|
|Monday to Friday, 26-30 November 2018||Stellenbosch University (Medical School), Tygerberg Campus. Venue: Fisan Building, Room F334||9:00-17:00||Western Cape|
|Monday to Wednesday, 10-12 December 2018||University of Cape Town (Medical School) Also accommodating CPUT, Venue: Francis Ames||9:00-17:00||Western Cape|
|Thursday to Friday, 13-14 December 2018||University of the Western Cape Also accommodating CPUT. Venue: Boardroom on the C-level, Tygerberg OHC||9:00-17:00||Western Cape|
|Monday to Friday, 3 – 7 December 2018||University of the Free State also accommodating CUT, Venue: Foyer of the Francois Retief Building||8:00-16:30||Free State|
|Friday, 7 December 2018||Port Elizabeth Livingstone Hospital, Venue: Health Resource Centre||9:00-17:00||Eastern Cape|
|Monday, 10 December 2018||East London Frere Hospital , Venue: John Tremble Hall||9:00-17:00||Eastern Cape|
|Tuesday, 11 December 2018||Walter Sisulu University (Mthatha)||12:00-17:00||Eastern Cape|
|Wednesday, 12 December 2018||Walter Sisulu University (Mthatha)||9:00-17:00||Eastern Cape|
|Tuesday, 18 December 2018||Petersburg hospital (Polokwane)||9:00-17:00||Limpopo|
|Tuesday, 4 December 2017||Rob Ferreira (Nelspruit)||9:00-16:00||Mpumalanga|
|Friday, 14 December 2018||Greys hospital, Venue: Medical Library||9:00-16:00||Kwazulu Natal|
|Monday, 17 December 2018||UKZN Westville campus, Venue: T4, T5, T6||8:00 – 11:00||Kwazulu Natal|
|Tuesday to Thursday, 18-20 December 2018||UKZN Westville campus, Venue: T4, T5, T6||9:00 – 16:00||Kwazulu Natal|
|Friday, 21 December 201||King Edward Hospital VIII, Venue: Jubulee Hall||9:00 – 16:00||Kwazulu Natal|
Last Updated on 2 November 2018 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs