See the fees for 2020/21 here broken down by professional board, as well as information on how to pay, exemptions, erasure and restoration below.
Practitioners requiring statements, invoices and practising cards can do so online through the ‘practitioners portal‘ by clicking here. The portal also allows for voluntary erasure and exemptions. Click here to view the online sign-up and renewal process.
Contact email@example.com should you encounter any problems accessing the portal or have specific questions.
HPCSA 2020/2021 fees:
Click here to download the new annual fees.
Click here to view how the HPCSA annual fees are determined.
- Practitioners receiving an ‘insufficient CEU’s or CPD points’ in the ‘annual fee reminder’ page are advised to proceed to the next screen by clicking the ’OK’ button. This workaround will take the practitioner to the ‘renew’ page.
- Government employees registered with Council, are advised to check their HPCSA membership status to ensure that their annual fees are paid up. Act No. 56 of 1974 state that the responsibility of compliance with HPCSA registration requirements resides with the practitioner. The HPCSA recommends that practitioner check their membership status and take the required steps to ensure compliance.
- Registration fees are different from annual fees and are paid upon registration with HPCSA.
How to pay:
Please note that the HPCSA does not accept cash on their premises.
- Bank: ABSA
- Branch: Arcadia
- Branch Code: 63 2005
- Account Name: HPCSA
- Account Type: Cheque
- Account Numbers:
- Annual Fees: 405 00 33 481
- Other moneys: 061 00 00 169
- Swift Code: ABSAZAJJ
- Deposit References:
- Registered practitioners: HPCSA registration number
- New registrations: ID or passport number
Direct & Internet Banking:
- Practitioners MUST use their 7 digit registration number and correct register (eg MP1234567) as the reference.
- Proof of payment must be faxed to (+27) 12 328 5120, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: Internet transfers take approximately three days to reflect on our statement and all direct payments from Absa branches take 24 hours.
Credit Card Authorisation:
- We regret to notify you that we will no longer be able to process the Credit Card Authorization Form CCF1.
Practitioners are reminded that annual fee payments (due to special COVID-19 extension) are valid until 31 March of the following year.
Practitioners can renew their HPCSA membership online – click here for the steps required to renew your membership online.
Those practitioners requiring assistance can contact the HPCSA call centre on 012 338 9300/1 or consult the self-service portal at: https://hpcsaonline.custhelp.com/.
Exemptions from payment of 2020/21 annual fees:
Should you no longer be practising your profession due to ill health, you may be exempted from payment of the 2020 annual fee. A medical report, issued by a medical practitioner, must accompany such application, which should reach the Council’s offices before 1 April 2020.
Exemption from paying the annual fee may be granted from the year in which you turn 71 (if you turn 71 before 1 April 2020) except for practitioners registered in Professional Boards for Environmental Health Practitioners, Medical Technologist, Radiography & Clinical Technology, Dietetics and Nutritionists, who may be granted exemption from the year in which they turn 66. Consult the HPCSA website for more information.
A written application for voluntary erasure under section 19(1)(c) of the Act must be received by Council on or before 31 March 2020 and 2020/11 annual membership fees will not be due and payable on successful finalisation of the application by Council. Click here for more information.
A person whose name was erased from the register has to apply to restore his/her name to the register by duly completing the Application for Restoration form, Form 18 which has to be submitted together with proof of payment of the restoration fee, which is calculated based on the following criteria.
Last Updated on 3 February 2021 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs