The maintenance of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is one of the requirements of HPCSA registration. Going forward practitioners will need to manage their CPD status through the HPCSA portal. In this article, we advise on how to use the online portal for CPD submissions.
Please note that the HPCSA no longer accept CPD certificates by e-mail as we have migrated to a new CPD system/online portal.
Practitioners are required to accumulate Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per twelve-month period; including the ethics, human rights and medical law. Each CEU will be valid for 24 months from the date on which the activity took place (or ended, in the event of post-graduate studies) after which it would lapse. This means that practitioners should aim to accumulate a balance of 60 CEUs by the end of their second year of practise, and thereafter top-up the balance through additional CPD as each 24 –month validity period expires.
Mandatory random audits are conducted to ensure compliancy. Once a practitioner’s name has been selected, they are required to submit a CPD portfolio to Council within 21 days. Non-compliant practitioners will be given six months in order to comply. After the period of 6 months a practitioner will again be audited and if there is still non-compliance, the Professional Board will consider appropriate action. Practitioners are only required to submit their CPD portfolios when their names are drawn from a random sample audit and when requested to submit their completed form CPD 1 IAR with accompanying proof of CPD activities undertaken.
Practitioners can manage their HPCSA registration online. The portal allows registered members to check their status, pay and download proof of registration. To use the HPCSA portal practitioners first need to register by following the process below.
2. Click on Online Services to access the HPCSA self-service portal.
3. Please note:
4. Practitioners who have logged in before, must capture the Username and Password.
5. Practitioners who have not logged in on the system before, must click on the Forgot username or Password link. Please note: the username is the practitioner’s ID number or passport number.
6. Enter Practitioner ID number or passport below Username and click on the Reset My Password button. An email will be sent to the registered email address and an SMS will be sent to the registered cell number.
7. If you don’t receive any communication click on the Recover Account button.
8. The practitioner will receive an email or sms with a link to reset their password. Fill in the password to verify it. An example of a strong password that can be used is #Password1.
9. Upon successfully logging in, the Accounts Settings page will be displayed. Check if details are correct and click Save Changes.
10. Click on the top right option where your name will be displayed and select Account Overview.
11. After clicking on Account Overview click on My CPDs as shown below.
12. On the My CPDs option choose Click here to proceed.
13. A Screen showing a summary of CPD activity will be shown. If registration is CPD compliant the option to Download letter confirming compliance will be enabled.
14. Choose the Click here option to proceed and Add new CPD button.
15. A form to add details will appear as per the example below.
16. Upon clicking the Submit button a Service request number will be generated.
To check if the request has been resolved click Support History. Visit the HPCSA self-service portal at hpcsaonline.custhelp.com should you have any questions.
Last Updated on 31 May 2021 by HPCSA Corporate Affairs