A reminder to practitioners who have not yet settled their 2017 Annual fees, which was due by 1 April, to please pay as a matter of urgency. These fees form part of the legal requirements of persons registered in terms of the Health Professions Act, 1974 (Act No. 56 of 1974). Failure to pay these annual fees will result in suspensions or penalties.
This year HPCSA introduced an Online Renewal and Payment Portal which is meant to make the lives of practitioners easy.
The benefits of the online renewal portal are the following:
- Practitioners will be able to go through the renewal process online;
- Practitioners will make annual fee payments and other outstanding amounts, as invoiced, online;
- Practitioners will be able to download an electronic practitioner card including an encrypted QR code, which when scanned, will reveal much more information about the practitioner than is currently the case, with real-time validation;
- Practitioners who prefer the printed format will be able to print their HPCSA registration details from the system;
- Practitioners will be able to view, verify and confirm, or update their contact details, as they renew their membership, or at any time, through this portal;
- The portal allows the practitioner to view their qualification(s) and registration details, and where required, send a service request for queries.
Practitioners encounter problems with the sign-up process can: